If you’ve never been on a cruise before, you are likely to have lots of questions about it. How do I get to the ship from the airport? Are meals included in the price? What do I have to pay for while I am on the cruise? These are all great questions and we’ve got the answers for you!
What is included in the cruise price?
- 7 day cruise aboard the Princess Cruise Lines “Emerald Princess”
- Entertainment nightly provided by Princess Cruise Lines
- Priority seating to both of Jamie O’neal’s shows
- Travel to 4 amazing Ports Of Call
- Late Night Dancing in the on board lounges
- All meals, entertainment and accommodations on board the Emerald Princess
- and so much more!
How much is the deposit?
- The initial deposit is 20% of the cruise fare for each stateroom booked and is due at time of booking.
When is final payment due?
- Final payment is due April 18th, 2017.
Are the gratuities included in the price?
- No, the gratuity of $12.95 per guest, per day ($90.64 per guest for the week) is not included in our cruise prices.
What time do I need to be on the ship?
- Due to new government regulations requiring cruise lines to submit final departure manifests at least 60 minutes prior to sailing, guests are requested to complete Online Check-in no later than 24 hours prior to their cruise. If you do not complete Online Check-in 24 hours prior, you will be required to complete this process at the pier at least two hours prior to the published sailing time. Please note: All guests must be checked-in and onboard the ship no later than 60 minutes prior to the published sailing time or you will not be permitted to sail.
How do I get to the ship from the airport?
- Transfers may be purchased to get you from the airport to the ship and the ship back to the airport through Cruise Planners.
What if I want to spend time in Seattle before or after the cruise?
- Cruise Planners will be able to work with you to set up any pre or post stays in the Seattle area.
Are meals included in the price?
- All meals in the main dining rooms are included, but some on board speciality restaurants may have a cover charge.
What do I have to pay for while I am on the cruise?
- Prices do not include airfare or ground transportation to and from Seattle, WA., airport transfers to or from the cruise ship, personal expenses such as photos, souvenirs & shore excursions, sodas, bottled water or alcoholic beverages, or any other extra activities that you may choose to participate in on the ship or on shore that require a fee.
What other kind of entertainment is there on ship?
- Run circles around the other guests or get in your daily walk while you’re at sea. Breakfast always tastes better after a good walk or run, right? Head into our soothing spa and enjoy a relaxing massage. Grab a fresh lunch at one of our stellar restaurants. Enjoy one of the many shows or activities presented by the Emerald Princess. As night falls, enjoy a savory meal as the sun sets along the crystalline horizon. Then prepare for a night of live music, dancing, or if you’re feeling lucky head to the casino.
What should I pack?
- Whatever you wear at home that you are comfortable in is what you can wear when at port. You should wear comfortable, casual attire, and if you prefer to participate in the more formal night, a nice dress or suit.
Is there a gym on the ship?
- There are numerous ways to stay in shape while on board. The Fitness Center is open from 6am to 11pm with a full gym and aerobics/fitness classes daily.
Do I need a passport?
- The U.S. Government prefers that all our U.S. citizens be in possession of a valid passport when traveling on any cruise. However, a valid photo ID (state issued drivers license or ID Card) and a state certified birth certificate will also be acceptable. If you are a non-US citizen, you are responsible for knowing what type of Visa may be required for travel. Some excursions to travel into the Canadian Yukon and a passport is required to on those excursions.
What do you do when the ship is in port?
- There are a host of shore excursions that you can choose from. You signup online via the Cruise Planners “My Trip” site before you travel. If you stay onboard you can relax by the pool, read a book or just hang out. Talk with Cruise Planners about all of the available shore excursions.
Will I get seasick?
- Chances are you will not. However, if you tend towards motion sickness, you can purchase something over the counter or see your Doctor before you go.